Job Description for Counter Personnel
Harvey’s Rent-All, Inc.
Positon Tasks & Activities:
- Rents equipment or arranges for provision of service to customer.
- Prepares rental forms and contracts, obtains customer signature and other information as required.
- Maintains daily contract file.
- Maintain price quotes and rental reservations and place in appropriate file.
- Computes charges based on rental or service rate.
- Explains rental fees and provides information about rented items, such as operation or description.
- Collects deposit or payment or records credit charges by maintaining customer charge file daily.
- Answers telephone and receives orders by phone.
- Recommends items to customers that meet their needs.
- Reserves items for requested time and maintains rental reservation file.
- Alerts supervisor of overdue contracts and follows up with a call.
- Cleans showroom and equipment. Arranges showroom displays. Keeps shelves organized, stocked and clean.
- Inventories retail sales merchandise and advises supervisor of low levels of merchandise.
- Assists customer with the loading and unloading of equipment when necessary. May also need to demonstrate safety features and operational features of the equipment.
- Fills customer’s propane cylinders.
- Resolves customer problems.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Attend store meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Must be able to service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner whether in person or on the telephone. Must assist them with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments. Must be able to process cash, check and credit card payments, as well as make change and credits.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors (no air condition) with limited exposure to outside elements. The job requires constant interaction with the public. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess sales and customer relation skills.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must speak English clearly and write legibly. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral, or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
Reports to: Manager/ Party Manager
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and / or age.