Job Description for Delivery/ Shop Help
Harvey’s Rent-All, Inc.
Positon Tasks & Activities:
- Load and unload equipment.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Secure loaded equipment per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform manager of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers received exactly what they ordered.
- Notify manager if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- When delivering COD orders, write check number, amount, and initials on contract.
- Turn in all funds collected and contract to Manager upon return.
- While driving company vehicle:
- Serve as store representative.
- Carry driver’s license at ALL times.
- Observe all laws.
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
- Notify manager of any scrapes, dents, or accidents.
- Notify manager of any mechanical difficulties.
- Fill vehicle with fuel when it gets low.
- Recommend equipment and related items to customers.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- Check out equipment when it comes back.
- Cleaning the equipment.
- Check electric plug and cord and test on electrical tester.
- Checking the fuel, oil, etc. and filling if need be.
- Checking that the operations of equipment are working properly.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up or return, tag and notify manager.
- Tag the equipment with the proper tag.
- Fill all gas can’s, mixed cans, kerosene cans, and diesel tank when low.
- Fill propane tanks.
- Greet and assist customers with loading and unloading of rental equipment. Be sure customer understands proper usage and safety features of rented equipment.
- Start equipment for customers.
- Inform counter people when equipment is back & if anything is missing & if fuel charge/cleaning charge needs to be added.
- Keep shop and yard area clean & organized.
- Assemble various tents per manufacturer, company, safety policy & procedures.
- Lay out drop cloth in area of tent to protect top.
- Install anchors/stacks uniformly.
- Secure tent with final tie off.
- Inspect tent for proper assembly.
- Inspect tent and accessories for damages before removing.
- Repair minor tears, etc. on-site or tag for repair.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Attend store meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Must service customers in a polite, friendly, and professional manner. Will help customers and delivery personnel load and unload vehicles. Will also help maintain inventory.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Walking, standing, stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting, and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur. Must stand for long periods of time. Some work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must speak English clearly and write legibly. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: Manager/ Party Manager
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and /or age.